Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Swollen Montgomery gland

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Swollen Montgomery gland
Ive notice ONE of my montgomery glands on my left nipple is very swollen, had a bit of a white head which has now gone and is very painful when i touch it and sometimes itches!
Very concerned, please help!
Dear 3mzii88:  Skin on the breast is like skin anywhere else on the body and is subject to a variety of abnormalities.  As you describe that this had some drainage and is painful, it may be that it is inflamed.  If it does not improve or it gets worse over the next few days, you should have your doctor take a look.