Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Swollen gland in right breast
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Swollen gland in right breast

I am a 52 year old female diagnosed recently with a swollen gland in my right breast.  My mother past at age 67 with breast cancer and two of my sisters have had uterine cancer.  My questions are I have a swollen milk duct/gland thats 4cm.  what should be done about it?  My surgeon says, the swollen duct/gland is nothing to worry about.  Is that correct? I have had a begin lump removed from that same breast in '96 and presently have a lump to be removed in the left breast that the surgeon says it feels like fatty tissue that has calciated. I also have Fibrocystic Breasts. I don't want to go to surgery now for the left and have to go back later for the right breast or even greater cancer.  I have heard that cancer can form in the mlik ducts/glands too. Is that correct? If I need both done now I perfer them done now. Hope you can help.