Swollen lymph node after stereotactic? Quite worried
I had a stereotactic biospy seven days ago.  Result is LCIS.  I had an MRI yesterday and my radiologist saw no signs of invasive disease.  This sounds good.

But for the past couple days I felt a little sore under my arm on the same side where the biopsy was, and today there is definitely a swollen and somewhat painful lymph node.

My question: Has anyone had a swollen or painful lymph node after a stereotactic?  Naturally I fear the worst even though my results don't indicated invasive cancer right now.  Is it abnormal to have a swollen lymph node after stereotactic?

Please give any comments, it would really help my fears.

Mary

Lymph nodes can become enlarged for several reasons; one being an infection somewhere in the body. You might ck. with your Dr. or whomever did your biopsy about the swollen node.  Regards ...
I just had a sterotactic biopsy 7 days ago on my right breast and, although I had little or no pain in my breast thereafter, I am now having a lot of pain in my lymph nodes on that side. Two days ago I was called by my primary care doctor and told that the lump in my breast is cancer. I've had no contact from the radiologist and I have to wait for a week for a surgical consult for a lumpectomy. Tomorrow I am going to call my regular physician and see about getting in to see him. If he enlightens me regarding the pain under my arm, I willl post to you again.