Breast Cancer Community
Swollen lymph node after stereotactic? Quite worried
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen lymph node after stereotactic? Quite worried

I had a stereotactic biospy seven days ago.  Result is LCIS.  I had an MRI yesterday and my radiologist saw no signs of invasive disease.  This sounds good.

But for the past couple days I felt a little sore under my arm on the same side where the biopsy was, and today there is definitely a swollen and somewhat painful lymph node.

My question: Has anyone had a swollen or painful lymph node after a stereotactic?  Naturally I fear the worst even though my results don't indicated invasive cancer right now.  Is it abnormal to have a swollen lymph node after stereotactic?

Please give any comments, it would really help my fears.

Mary

Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
Lymph nodes can become enlarged for several reasons; one being an infection somewhere in the body. You might ck. with your Dr. or whomever did your biopsy about the swollen node.  Regards ...
Blank
I just had a sterotactic biopsy 7 days ago on my right breast and, although I had little or no pain in my breast thereafter, I am now having a lot of pain in my lymph nodes on that side. Two days ago I was called by my primary care doctor and told that the lump in my breast is cancer. I've had no contact from the radiologist and I have to wait for a week for a surgical consult for a lumpectomy. Tomorrow I am going to call my regular physician and see about getting in to see him. If he enlightens me regarding the pain under my arm, I willl post to you again.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank