Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Swollen tissue that moved from breast to bottom of ribcage

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

I started feeling pain in the side of my breast and it hurt when touched. It also swelled up quite a bit. Then over the next week and a half most of the pain and swollen tissue moved to the bottom of my breast, then down so that now it is at the bottom of my ribcage. My breast is still tender and slightly swollen as well as all the places that the lump moved to. When I stretch I can feel the tenderness along the path of the lump. Has this ever happened to anyone else??? It worries me and my husband wants me to go to the dr. but I don't want to panic over nothing. I am a student and have a big family,
we don't really have the $ to spend if it is nothing serious.

Thanks!!
KC
Dear kc0309:  If there is a lump in your breast, it needs further evaluation.  Our recommendation would be to have you see a doctor.  As we cannot evaluate the lump, we cannot speculate as to what this could be.
Have you had any procedures done to this breast? I had a lumpectomy done last year and then radiation and now am experiencing lymph fluid back up that sounds very familiar to what you are describing. Either way, you need to contact a dr. Prevention is far cheaper than treatment!