Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Symptoms of bone mets

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Symptoms of bone mets

I have been having light pain in both legs for about one week now. It is in my lower legs and comes and goes frequently. It does not keep me awake at night and seems to not hurt at all when I am on my feet. I sit most of the day at my job.

I was treated for a T2 N0 M0 breast cancer tumor in 2001 with chemo and radiation. Every little pain worries me. What are the common signs of bone mets.

Should I have this checked. I had a bone scan in 2002 because I was having alot of back pain but most was due to a 4-wheeler accident and they found a benign compression fracture and I hyperextended my knee. Other than that the bone scan was clean.

Any information would be appreciated.
Dear alleykatt:  Bone metastasis can vary a lot in terms of how it feels, it depends on where and the extent.  Usually, it does not come and go. The fact that the pain comes and goes and that it is bilateral (on both sides) makes it sound less like metastasis.  However, if you are concerned, you should let your doctor know.  He/she look into it further and order the appropriate testing.
Are you taking tamoxifen?  I understand that it can cause leg cramps, too.
No, I am not taking tamoxifen. The pain is minimal and comes and goes all day long. The pain generally lasts just a few seconds and is gone. Not sure what to make of it.