Taking Tamoxifen Premenopausal
I just joined this site so bear with me.  I am 29 and was diagnosed with well-differentiated invasive ductal carcinoma in my left breast.  I had a partial mastectomy a week ago.  Path reports came back as being ER+, PR+, and HER2-. No lymph node involvement.   So, I will be doing 6 weeks of radiation for sure.  Am in process of doing Oncotype DX test for need of chemo.  In addition, I have been advised to take Tamoxifen.  This is the only thing that REALLY worries me, for some reason.  I have been reading previous posts from people taking Tamoxifen and it scares me.  I am wondering if there is anyone out there close to my age that is taking it and what your experience has been like???  Also, any advice or alternative treatments out there anyone knows of???
Although Tamoxifen has several side effects, not everyone will experience all of them and not always to the same degree. This is the standard for ER/PR positive tumors in women who are pre-menopausal. You can always try it and see how it goes as far as side effects are concerned.It can always be stopped if the side effects become intolerable.   Regards ...
Also, MargoDae, when I started on Tamoxifen, I felt almost catatonic at first. but then these symptoms subsided after about a week. So, don't give up right at first and give it some time, OK?

Katrin
PS: I am sorry you have bc at so young of an age. That must be hard! I wish you the very best. Kat