Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Tamoxifen efficiency related to side effects?

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

I am 33 years old woman patient.

I heard that strong Tamoxifen side effects mean good efficiency and less recurrence. Is it true?

I am 90% ER+ and 10% PR+. The PR is low. Does it mean that tamoxifen could be less efficient?

Should I take Zoladex to reduce recurrence?

Thanks.
Dear Hsaio:  In general, side effects of medication are NOT an indication of efficacy.  Without evaluation, we cannot speculate on whether additional hormone ablation may or may not be helpful in your situation.  You should discuss this with your oncologist.
Thanks for the answer. it is really appreciated!