Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Tamoxifen?
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tamoxifen?

I have been taking Tamoxifen for ADH. I don't have BC nor have I had it. I'm taking the Tamoxifen due to the ADH and my high risk. My question is: My oncologist said that he would like for me to stay on the Tamoxifen for the "5 years" as long as no side effects..... I know it's hard to look into the future but lets say in 10 when I'm 46 I get breast cancer, could I take the Tamoxifen again.? Or What about women who have take Tamoxifen and finished their 5 year tx, and end up with breast cancer 2 years later or either they have a recurrence of BC. would the Tamoxifen be an option with the chemo. If it warrants??
I also want to thank you for this site, even though I don't have BC just ADH (atypical ductal hyperplasia), I find this site very helpful. Thanks again.