Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Taxol side effect

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Taxol side effect

My mom has been receiving Taxol over the last 4 months and has pretty much evey side effect there is but the one that is debilitating is shortness of breath.  Her doctor seems to think that there may be another problem not related to the cancer or cancer treatment that is causing this to happen.  Her blood is normal and her lungs are clear in fact the catscan showed that her chest and lungs were normal.  If it isn't the Taxol causing this what could it possibly be?
  • Effectiveness of Taxol after AC (3 replies):
    I am a 44 yr old female- was diagnosed in Dec. with stag...[more]
  • Taxol (1 replies):
    Does Taxol have the potential to cause long term damage ...[more]
  • taxol (2 replies):
    I would like to know the side effects of taxol?
  • taxol vs taotere (1 replies):
    I have had 4 rounds of A/C, which was successful at shri...[more]
  • taxol (1 replies):
    will numb hands and feet go away also weakness and stagg...[more]
Dear Kab42820, Over the internet without ability to evaluate including medical history and physical examination it is difficult to pinpoint the cause of your mother's symptoms.  Shortness of breath is a very uncommon side effect of taxol, and severity of which is not reported, and could be related to other conditions or problems.