Breast Cancer Community
Teenage breast lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Teenage breast lump

I am 17 turning 18 next week and I will start college in mid april soon.

My problem is this: I found a breast lump last month on my left breast. it measured about 0.5cm. it is hard and not pain. I went for ultrasound scan weeks ago and I was supposed to take the result last 2 weeks but I didnt take it.

the thing is I am afriad to know the truth. if it is something good, I will feel thankful but what if its a bad news I really cant imagine whats going to happen. furthermore school will be starting and i just dont want to feel all down if its something bad. (hopefully not). theres no breast cancer history in my family.

ive read few articles about teenage breast lumps on the net and they said that its some fluid filled cysts or what..?

is this something to worried about? will the lump go away? my mom has been telling me to take the results but I am afraid. what should i do
  • breast lump (1 replies):
    I'm a 33 year old female, and found a breast lump about ...[more]
  • Breast Lumps (1 replies):
    I am 37 and I recently discovered a lump in each of my b...[more]
  • breat lump (3 replies):
    hello I am 18 years old and last month I felt a lump in...[more]
  • Breast Lump (1 replies):
    hello, I had a lumpectomy 3 months ago. It was all scary...[more]
  • Breast Lump (2 replies):
    I'm 19 years old. I have big lump in my left breast and...[more]
1 Comment
I don't believe you have the choice to take or not to take the results of your Ultrasound. Your prescribing Physician's office would usually notify you of the results and any follow-up that might be appropriate. Breast cancer at your age would be rare indeed but a breast lump would be rather common. I can assure the lump will not go away and it may even become larger. You need to go back to your Dr. and have him/her explain the results to you in detail. I think you better listen to your Mom and if you won't then listen to me. I have no doubt that the lump you found will be either a cyst or Fibroadenoma (benign breast tumor) ... get yourself to the Dr. and talk about this .... OK?? Being scared never fixed anything .......