Tender Breast
Hi, I am 44 yrs old ..had a hysterectomy in 2006 ...my ovaries are still there.  Lately, I have been experiencing pain in both of my breasts.  Very tender to touch....I checked for lumps..they are none.  What can be causing this?  I am really scared!
First of all,breast pain is almost never associated with breast cancer,especially when both breasts are involved.
Many women who have breast tenderness and pain (most common in women 30 to 50 years of age) also called Mastalgia, find relief by using oil of primrose (3 grams a day). Eliminating caffeine intake (chocolate,coffee,colas) and salt from your diet can lessen the pain.Also wearing a good supportive bra can help.
Breasts pain can get worse with changes in your hormone levels or changes in the medicines you are perhaps taking,particularly if you are receiving HRT (hormone replacement therapy).Stress can also affect breast pain.
As a rule,women who are 40yrs old,should have regular mammograms or other test that the doctor may recommend.So, please make an appointment with your doctor(preferably a Breast Specialist) for a clinical breasts exam.
Take care and best wishes...  
Here is a very good website regarding breast pain:http://www.imaginis.com/breast-health/breast-pain. I hope you find it helpful, but zouzi is right---rarely is breast pain associated with breast cancer. I agree with her that you should see your doctor and follow any recommendations for testing. Instead of being scared, you'll be informed and know exactly what is going on in your particular case. Hopefully, you'll have peace of mind instead.
Wishing you all the best,
nc