Breast Cancer Community
Tender spot in breast but no lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Tender spot in breast but no lump

Hi there.  My name is Erin.  Im 26.  I have 3 small children and one on the way.  Im 25 weeks pregnant.  

In October i had a clean mammo of both breasts (i had a "lump" that wouldent show up on US or mammo, turned out to be a rib bone!)  I got pregnant the next month. I have very lumpy breasts (as my breast surgeon as told me over and over :) and have a few cysts that i have had ultrasounds on in the past.  For the past 2 months i have had this spot on the side of my breast, closest to my arm, that is tender ONLY if i push on it.  I bought a bigger bra, stopped sleeping on that side and stopped carrying my 2 year old on that side and it has not helped at all.  Today i saw a Dr (ob) that i do not care for.  He is always very rushed and kinda rude.  He did a very throrugh breast exam on both sides and felt around extensively in the area that feels "bruised"  he said he did not feel any thing at all (i dont either, there is no lump just pain)  he said that if he felt something that he would order an ultrasound but becasue he doesnt feel anything, hes not going to.  This kinda disappointed me.  I caught my favorite OB as i was leaving in the hallway and she said that next month if its still there she will order a US for my peace of mind.

what do yall think i should do?  Does anyone have any opinions of what this could be?  I have ALOT of anxiety when it comes to my breasts and im just looking for some help :)

I believe that Japdip has already answered your post earlier.Please click on the link below.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/Tender-spot-in-breast/show/1510014?personal_page_id=2062786#post_6860124

I agree with our Community leader that it's not unusual to have all sorts of changes in the breast/breasts when a woman is pregnant.(Hormonal changes)
I think you should stop pushing the painful area as you might cause even more pain.Applying warm compresses might help.Also try to eliminate caffeine (chocolate,colas coffee)

Anyway, it's a good thing that you are having an ultrasound next month to make sure that all is normal.Keep in mind that pain is almost never associated with breast cancer.
Wishing you an easy delivery and a strong healthy baby.

P.S.Please, if you have any additional questions keep it on the same thread. (Use the "post a comment" below the answers you have received ) This helps to have all your information together so we can better help you.
Thank you.  
i did see her earlier response but now that there has been no lump found, it changes it a bit.  These boards arent the quickest with responses esp on a thread that has already been "answered" so i started a new one.  Sorry
and thank you for your response :)