Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Tenderness

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Tenderness

Over a month ago I found a swollen tender lymph node in my left armpit. I went to my doctor and she perscribed antibiotics. After I finished them(the node disappeared)I kept noticing a sharp pain every now and then on my right side between my breast and side.I felt around and noticed a lump.The next morning,I guess from touching it so much,it had swollen up to where you could just touch my skin and feel it. It was tender too. I went back to the Dr and she gave me another round of antibiotics and told me if it didnt go away to come back and she would order a mamogram (mammogram). After I finished the medi I went back just to be sure it had gone. She did an exam and it was.I think I must mention that I started my period in this time,3 days after my 2nd visit to the doctor.I was also having pains in the right crease between my legs when I went. The pain went away after I finished the 2nd round of antibiotics too. Now its a week later and it is tender again near my right breast and in between my right leg. I did an exam yesterday and felt no lumps. My nipple on my breast is real sensitive right now. It will harden without any reason I know about while the other is soft still. This is only the 2nd month this has happened,but with it happening  around the same days the following month and a week before my period begins could that maybe be the cause? Also are there lymph nodes between you legs? I felt the first time I felt the pain and felt no lumps. Also my right armpit hurts when I raise my arm like the muscles are pulled or strained.
Dear JayDee_936, It could be that these pains that you are experiencing may be related to your menstrual cycle.  There are lymphnodes through out the body, and can be felt if swollen in the groin area (where the leg connects to the body).  It is impossible to evaluate symptoms over the internet, without benefit of examination or asking questions, if your symptoms persist, are causing you concern it is best to review them with your health care professional.
Thank you for your quick response. I am a bit of a worrier so ive scheduled an appointment with the doctor.