Breast Cancer Community
Tingling in left breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Tingling in left breast

I'm at high risk for breast cancer and for about a month, I've been experiencing a strange "tingling" in the upper, outer area of my left breast. It's not constant, nor is it painful in any way. There are no lumps I can feel, yet this strange feeling (almost like a "let-down" when nursing) certainly catches my attention when it happens. I can't seem to correlate it to any specific time or movement. My next mammo is scheduled for May. Could this be something of concern? Thank you.

What is your age? Since when have you noticed these symptoms?

Do you remember any history of trauma, injury to the site or wearing tight clothes etc?

Have you noticed any other abnormal features on breast self examination like nipple discharge or skin changes etc.

You are in the high risk category because of a positive family history of breast cancer?

You could wear lose clothes, try warm compresses and see if it helps with your symptoms.

If the symptoms still persist, you would need to get a clinical evaluation done by your doctor.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any doubts.

Regards.

To reply to your questions, I'm 40 years old and have a family history of bc: mother (dx at 39), maternal grandmother (dx at 60) and maternal great grandmother (dx at 70), all of whom have passed. I was tested for the BRCA gene and was an uniformed negative. (My mother's tumor tissue was tested and was negative.)

There are no skin changes, discharge, etc., although my left breast is slightly larger than my right, but I believe it always has been. I do not were tight clothes, and haven't had any injury I can remember.

Thank you for your response,

I think you shouls wear lose clothes, try some warm compreses and breast massage and see if it helps with your symptoms.

If your symptoms still persist, you should consult your doctor and get a complete clinical examination done.

You should also get a mammogram and ultrasound if required.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.