Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Tiredness after radiation

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Tiredness after radiation
MSH
About 1 month ago, I completed  7 weeks of radiation therapy for breast caner.  I find that I am more tired now than when I was having the radiation (no chemo).  The first week after completion of therapy, I felt wonderful and then it really hit.  Why does this happen?  What is going on in my body to cause such a lack of energy?  Would an iron supplement help.  How about acupuncture?  I find this lack of energy depressing and debilitating.  Any helpful hints and how long does this last.  Most importantly, why?  Thanks.
Dear MSH, You have been through a lot in the past few months.  First the surgery, then the radiation therapy, this all takes it