Breast Cancer Community
Toe Numbness after Taxel (Chemo drug)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Toe Numbness after Taxel (Chemo drug)

Hi ~ I had my last Chemo on 7-11-07 and am suffering from numbness in my toes.  I occasionally have similar symptoms in a few fingers but nothing as painful/bothersome as in my toes. Some days they are worse than others.  Has anyone had this problem and found any relief for it? Exercises, meds, cold packs, heat packs, massage, etc.? I'm willing to try ANYTHING. Sometimes they are so bad it is difficult to walk. Any advise/help would be MUCH appreciated. I have been told they may improve up to a year following Chemo but I have found they have actually gotten worse. Thank you in advance, youngheart
Tags: numbness
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
326352_tn?1310997895
That's one of the unfortunate side-effects of Taxol.  it may or may not go away.  Mine went away sometime around the 6 or 9 month mark.  Talk again with your onc and see if he has any suggestions.

Lisa
Blank
Hi,
Taxol or paclitaxel is known to cause tingling and numbness in the toes and fingers as a documented side effect.
It is said to settle down in patients over some time of use, but this is not the rule.
What you could do is try some OTC pain relief medication and the other measure that you mention and see if they are of any help - it basically varies from one individual to another.
Any exercises or medications should be started only after consultation with your doctor.
Do let us know how you are doing.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949