Tumor Markers Post Chemo
I had my first tumor markers drawn this week, I find out the results tomorrow.  I am 6 weeks post chemo and worried about the results.  How signficant are these markers post chemo?  Any suggestions on how I can alleviate my worried mind until I find out the results?  Any info would be helpful!

Thank you!
Laura10
The markers they are looking for are kind of like the PSA markers they check for in men with prostate cancer.  They will take a baseline reading and any change in these numbers will be cause for checking closer.  I believe I have read that these markers, like the PSA markers, are not always an indicator of cancer, though.  The tests are not perfect.  You should be having routine bone scans, PET or CT scans to also watch for a recurrance.  You didn't mention your diagnosis, so I can't tell if you should be truly concerned or just curious.  I was Stage 3 with 1 lymph node involved, so I'm very watchful to ensure that all my tests are done routinely and come back with no indication.  I think it's neat the science that has come about for breast cancer patients.  I look forward to the future where we can attack breast cancer based on our own genetic chemistry, not just in general.

May you always remain cancer free!
Lisa
oops, just realized who you were from the other posts.  You should be curious, not concerned.  The science is indeed fascinating.

Good luck tomorrow!