Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Under arm lump

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Under arm lump

A few months ago while looking in the mirror, I noticed a lump under my arm. It is located right where my left arm meets the arm pit. It has since grown to a small walnut size. It is noticable in the mirror and if I pinch my underarm I can feel it. I have also,in the last week or so, started to be able to feel it when I move my arm in a certain way. It isn't sore per say. Sometimes, it almost feels like a tingle under the skin. Ther is no redness, or itching. There is no head or blister. Could this be related in any way to the kind of lump in the armpit that could result in breast cancer? Again I have had it for about 2 months that I've noticed, and it is getting bigger, although not much and very slowly. Please relay any information that might be helpful. I look forward to hearing from you.
Dear mkrsh:  If you have a lump in your arm pit that is the size of a walnut and growing, you need to have it checked by a doctor.  It could be many things, both benign or malignant but it needs to be checked out.  A biopsy could be recommended.
i'm currently still going through puberty, etc. i'm confused about this lump under my left arm, read this, and became slightly confused/scared. it practically described the one under mine, except i have experienced some slight soreness, but it hasn't grown at all. the lump has also only been here for a week or so. i'm not sure if this has to do with my glands and going through puberty or what. should i get this checked out? please reply ASAP.
I'm also going through puberty and all and I've got a lump underneath my right arm. I'm really afraid that this could be cancer. It's the same as how the others describe it, only this one's also slightly sore when I touch it. I only discovered it not long ago, perhaps a week, I'm not sure. I'm thinking along the same lines as SweaterSong and think that it might be something to do with puberty, but I'm still kinda scared about it. Any advice?
I don't have a lump in my armpit, however I have recently found one behind my ear and I'm wondering if anybody knows anything about this?  It is hard and about the size of a pea, but it doesn't hurt.  I don't know what it looks like because I can not see it, but I want to know if I should be concerned.