Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Underarm Dimple

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Underarm Dimple

Over the past two days I have been experiencing shooting pains in my right armpit.  The pains haven't been constant, just every once in awhile.  I haven't felt any pain today, just a slight burning (which I'm probably imagining).  I didn't find any lumps in my armpit, but this morning I noticed a dimple (not in the lower armpit, but high in the crease where you bend your arm).  I'm pretty sure that dimple wasn't there a week or so ago (I'm not in the habit of checking my armpits in the mirror)  I'm in the middle of my period right now (if that has anything to do with it).  Is this something that I should be worried about??
Dear njjd:  A dimple in the armpit is not generally a sign of breast cancer.  You should keep an eye on it and if it changes, have a doctor take a look.  If it doesn't change, it was probably there all along.  Although, if you are concerned, you can have your doctor check it out.
1 Comment
A related discussion, Lump under arm was started.