Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Underarm bumps
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Underarm bumps

I am 24 years old, I have gotten painful bumps under my arms (arm pits) for about 7 years now.  They always come and go, leaving scars.  Recently I've gotten a bump about the size of a half dollar under my left arm.  It is very painful.  I really don't have a lot of time to go to the doctors, I have a 3 year old, a 2 year old and a 4 month old. I also have little white bumps on my nipples, they don't hurt at all, but I don't know what they are, please help.
Related Discussions
Dear kariandboyz11:  In addition to ducts, the nipple and areola may also have little bumps that are sebaceous glands or montgomery's glands. From time to time, these may secrete a whitish oily substance (somewhat like a pimple). These are normal. In addition, the breast skin is not unlike other skin and is subject to a wide variety of skin abnormalities, most of which are benign. Nonetheless, if you are concerned, please see your doctor and have it evaluated.  With respect to the half dollar sized lump under your arm, this could be many things.  However, without a physician evaluation, it is impossible to speculate specifically on what this might be.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank