Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Underarm lump removal
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Underarm lump removal

I had earlier asked a question regarding a lump in right underarm for 4 years.I got it diagonised as lipomas from a surgeon. He did only a physical examination and said that he was 99% sure it was lipomas.He gave an option of needle biopsy or removal only if I wanted to. So I would like to know should I go for removal. It does pain when I press it and its slow growing. I am 26 years.Personally as all these years I had no problems I am reluctant to meddle with it. Can u help.
Related Discussions
Dear Annautum, That decision is going to be up to you.  If it is causing you discomfort, or that 1% uncertainty is going to drive you crazy, then having it biopsied or removed may be the way to go.  On the other hand it has been stable these four years without problems, if it was cancerous it would have grown.  If you decide not to have it removed and you notice any change or it begins to cause you problems have it checked again.
3 Comments
Blank
Hi,
    Well, I am 17 year old female. I went to the docotrs yesterday and find out that I had lipoma on my underarm. I was just wondering about the removal. The biopsy and the surgery procedure? Big needles or anything??
Blank
Hi,
    Well, I am 17 year old female. I went to the docotrs yesterday and find out that I had lipoma on my underarm. I was just wondering about the removal. The biopsy and the surgery procedure, like any Big needles or anything.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank