Underarm pain after breast biopsy
I recently had a breast biopsy, on friday the 8th, and have been experiencing pain that isn't effected by the vicadan that's been prescribed. Now I'm experiencing pain in the corresponding arm pit. Is this normal, or should I bring this to the attention of my doctor?

Thanks in advance ^^
P.s. The biopsy was to remove a fibroid tumor
Always bring any and all concerns to your doctor. Make them and their nurses work for their money. That is what they are getting paid for and are there for. Nurse can answer a great deal of questions over the phone, althoug they can not diagnose over the phone, they can give you some recommendations. Try rolling up a kitchen dish towel and placing it in your arm pit lengthwise and gentely squeeze. The pressure can relieve a great deal of pain. I was using vicoden and percoset after that, because vicoden would not work and just messed me and my stomach up.  I actually got more relief just from the towel and slight pressure. Ice is also good and was recommended every 20 minutes for the 1st 24 hours after my biopsy. I think this was the key. They, the doctor who performs the biopsy, can irritate other surrounding tissues while obtaining the biopsy and may well be unavoidable considering where they have to go in at. I was told that my nipple may bleed. I was shocked but so glad the nurse told me because then I would have been really freaked out! She said that the bleeding was possible because they had to go through a milk duct to get to my lump. I did not have any bleeding, but at least if I did I would have known that it was normal. Most swelling in the arm pit is a reaction by your lymph nodes to help heal and protect  after an injury, infection or invasive procedure like a biopsy.  This is their normal responce. Just make sure it is not due to an infection from the site., which is always possible. Signs are generally redness, very warm or hot to the touch and swelling, Make sure you bring any of these symptoms to you nurses or docotrs attention ASAP. If in doubt always have things checked out. How are we to no if things, like minimal, normal swelling or residual pain to the normal healing process are normal?  My other, more severe pain, came after I had surgery. You should have pathology report in a few days to confirm biopsy. Make sure you ask for a copy. Don't let the docotrs just read it to you, get a copy to read and see for yourself, even if you do not understand all the terminology. This way you can then ask more specific questions if needed and have them give you the dinition. Again, make your doctors work for you and be as thorough and complete as possible. I hope you get better soon.