Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Very little thick fluid able to be aspirated on needle aspiration of br...
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Very little thick fluid able to be aspirated on needle aspiration of breast

My mom recently had a breast aspiration biopsy - the doctor said he was only able to get a small amount of very thick material out on biopsy.  Said it looked like it may be a complex cyst on the ultrasound and mammogram (not simple), but said usually in cysts the fluid comes right out.  Hers didn't, and there wasn't much he could get out.  I'm extremely concerned about her.  Any ideas on what the small amount of thick fluid can indicate - I mean, the fact that only a little could be aspirated - is this a bad sign?  She won't know the results till next week.  I'm trying to be strong for her but I'm really scared.