Breast Cancer Community
Weight Gain with Femara.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weight Gain with Femara.

Has anyone else gained weight with Femara? I was started on it after being given Xeloda (Capecitabine) last year for metastatic breast cancer. Previously I was taking Arimidex (absolutely brilliant for me). I was in remission for approx 7 years until I was taken off it. I checked the stats for Femara and it appears that fewer people survive with this drug than Tamoxofen which it replaces. I also have a lot of pain and muscle contractions now. Hate this drug! I was surprised to find that it is being used for women with fertility problems. Unfortunately I also have COPD so I can't do much about exercising although I do try. The site of me trying to exercise while fixed to my oxygen machine has my husband in stitches! He's better not peg out on me!!

This discussion is related to letrozole side effects.