Weight Gain with Femara.
Has anyone else gained weight with Femara? I was started on it after being given Xeloda (Capecitabine) last year for metastatic breast cancer. Previously I was taking Arimidex (absolutely brilliant for me). I was in remission for approx 7 years until I was taken off it. I checked the stats for Femara and it appears that fewer people survive with this drug than Tamoxofen which it replaces. I also have a lot of pain and muscle contractions now. Hate this drug! I was surprised to find that it is being used for women with fertility problems. Unfortunately I also have COPD so I can't do much about exercising although I do try. The site of me trying to exercise while fixed to my oxygen machine has my husband in stitches! He's better not peg out on me!!

This discussion is related to letrozole side effects.
Weight gain is listed as one of the side effects of Femara. I'm not sure where you got the information that fewer pt.s survived while being treated with Femara than those taking Tamoxifen. Femara is used for pt.s who are being treated for metastatic breast cancer and this would be the reason for the decreased survival rate ... not the Femara itself. Unfortunately the joint or bone pain you mention are also side effects of this medication. If you find the side effects unbearable you might have this discussion with your Oncologist regarding other options.   Regards ....