Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Weird sensation in left breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Weird sensation in left breast
I am a 35 year old female.  I have a weird sensation in my left breast near the bone and on my back under my left shoulder bone. The sensation is more a discomfort and not pain. It occurs when I bend over to pick something up off the floor(its like a pulling sensation.) and If I am slumping a bit when I am sitting it can be a bit more sharp.  When I do a self breast exam, I can't feel anything out of the ordinary.  When I menstruate I can feel something scaping agains my ( I want to call it a breast bone plate, but I am not sure what bone it is.)  This feeling has only occurred for about a month.  Should I go to a doctor about this?  If so, what kind of questions should I ask. Thanks for any insight.

Dear TKlink:  Breast cancer is not typically painful.  If you are having continued discomfort, you can consider an opinion with your internist.  This could be many things, including a pulled muscle, for example.