Breast Cancer Expert Forum
What does this mammogram report mean?
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What does this mammogram report mean?

Good Afternoon,

I have had a recent routine mammogram report (5/28/10) state the following:

Findings: there are scattered fibroglandular densities that could obscure a lesion on mammography.
There is a 5 millimeters well-defined nodule in the posterior medial right breast only seen on the CC view. This nodule is not appreciated on the prior exams. Left breast remains stable and unchanged. No suspicious masses or calcifications seen on the left side. No calcifications on the right side.

Impression:
Small nodular density posterior medial right breast only seen on the CC view and not seem on prior exams. Differential includes a stable nodule not seen due to more posterior positioning on today's exam versus a newly developed nodule. Recommend sonography of the right breast for additional evaluation.

Code: incomplete-needs additional imaging evaluation

I had the ultrasound of the right breast performed on 6/4/10. There is no history of breast cancer in my family, but I know it doesn't discriminate. I am 40 years old.
I appreciate any feedback, and apologize for the long post in advance. I'm scared out of my wits at the moment waiting for the ultrasound report findings.

God bless!
SR