Breast Cancer Community
What is a bilateral breast cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

What is a bilateral breast cyst?

I have been undergoing testing for a mass in the upper left quadrant of my left breast that has been causing me a great deal of pain.  The Mammogram & Ultrasound came back inconclusive so I most recently had a breast MRI.  The results came back today.  It showed no malignancies but it showed 2 bilateral cysts in my right breast.  I have not noticed any lumps in that breast.  Can anyone tell me what this means?  I can't get in to talk to my surgeon about the results until June 3rd.
The terminology Bilateral Cysts simply means that there was a cyst found in both breasts. Cysts do not always cause pain or discomfort ... the size would certainly make a difference if you could actually "feel" a lump. MRI is a more sensitive test than either Mammogram or Ultrasound.
I always do mamogram (mammogram) and sonogram They always find cysts. In 2007 they did biopsy which was nothing to worry about. Now in 2009  left breast  always had small whitish discharge so  the galactogram was done. the dye could not go in the result was inconclusive. Should I go to the surgeon. Is that necessary.
Thank you for your reply.  :-)