Breast Cancer Community
What is this large painful mass in my right breast. It was small about...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

What is this large painful mass in my right breast. It was small about a year ago; but now it's large and painful.

I have a large mass in my right breast.  it starts about the bottom and curves around to the side of the nipple.  It it sometimes painful to touch.  Also, sometimes that pain just starts on its on.  It can be uncomfortable sometimes.  I am having testing done this week.  Does any know if it is Gynecomastia?

JBV
By the way, I am a 39 year old male.  I'm not sure if this will help with the feedback or not.  As I mentioned earlier, I have a large mass in my right breast.  it starts about the bottom and curves around to the side of the nipple.  It it sometimes painful to touch.  Also, sometimes that pain just starts on its on.  It can be uncomfortable sometimes.  I am having testing done this week.  Does any know if it is Gynecomastia?
In the "subject" of your post you mention that the mass was considerably smaller a year ago. My question is ... what was it then when you went to the Dr.??????? Sorry, couldn't resist that comment. Seriously though, you did see the Dr. about it when you first noticed it, didn't you ?? By now you know that you should have ... thinking back to last year it sounds like it could possibly be a cyst and they are painful. Other than that I'm not even going to speculate since without a clinical exam, etc. that would be foolish. i'm happy that you are seeing someone about it now though. If you have any questions after your testing don't hesitate to come back and ask .... Good Luck
Thank you for responding.  I did go to two doctors a year ago.  One said it was a torn chest muscle and one said bronchitis.  The one who said torn chest muscle is my primary care physician.  I have a mamogram (mammogram) set for tomorrow and also an appt with an endocrinologist.  Then an MRI on Friday.
Thanks for the additional info. I can "see" the torn muscle but "bronchitis" ????? I do think you are wise to continue to investigate ... you deserve an answer and as far as I can see, you haven't gotten one yet. I'm really anxious to hear of any definite results you get from either or both tests.