What will the removal of PASH lump involve?
Hi, I have just been diagnosed with a PASH lump in my right breast. I understand that this is rare benign breast disease and am told that once removed, that's it I'm cured. I am only 32 though and have medium equally sized breast. Will the removal of the lump (and what I understand is quite a large piece of tissue) leave me mishapen and unequal. Should I be considering plastic surgery at the same time?
Hi.
Pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia (PASH) is a rare benign breast disease.  It occurs mostly in premenopausal women as a painless, palpable breast mass.
There is a possibility that surgery will leave some cosmetic defect especially if the amount of tissue that will be removed is big.  If you are contemplating on having surgery done, you can ask for a referral to a plastic surgeon for breast reconstruction.  You can have either an early breast reconstruction or a late breast reconstruction, depending on the evaluation of the plastic surgeon.  
Good luck.