Breast Cancer Community
Whats wrong with my Breast???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Whats wrong with my Breast???

I am only 17 and i have lumps in my breast biggest ones are on my right one. they conme and go around my period time. i recently had blood come out of my right nipple. the first time it was just patchy. the second time i felt an ache in my chest and when i checked my bra there was a blood stain in it. Is this normal? What can it be? (When ever i go to the doctor about the lumps. they are gone so they havnt been able to check them out entirely.) Thye dont know about the blood though.
1 Comment
First of all you shouldn't worry about breast cancer.From what you describe,it's not an indication of this disease.
Breast lumpiness is not the same as having a dominant lump. Lumpiness can be normal breast tissue and the vast majority of breast lumps in teenagers are due to hormonal fluctuation playing a major role in the body.Actually,amongst teen girls, the most widespread type of breast lumps are typically connected to normal breast development and growth.
Bloody discharge from the nipple can be associated with many different conditions,such as infections,inflammation in the ducts, reaction to drugs, dilatation of the mammary ducts,and also an Intraductal Papilloma which is a noncancerous tumor.However,a bloody nipple discharge should not be ignored when it's spontaneous,occurs without squeezing or pressing, when it keeps on happening and if it's only on one side.So please see your prescribing doctor or a Breast Specialist to have this bloody nipple discharge investigated,to find out what is causing this problem okay?
Best wishes...