Breast Cancer Community
When I raise my arms, the tissue on the underside of my breast distorts...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

When I raise my arms, the tissue on the underside of my breast distorts...

When I raise my arm, the tissue underneath my right breast distorts. A large dent appears. This is relatively new - it started happening maybe three months ago. My breasts are very dense and have cysts in them; I have an appointment with my obgyn in about a month.

Anyone have any ideas about what could cause the breast tissue to distort like this? When my arm is down the breast looks normal...the area that is pulled into a dent is closer to the underside of my nipple than to my chest wall.

Any thoughts would be great...
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
When dimpling or distortion appears like this it usually means that there is something beneath the tissue that is pulling the surface inward. You mention that you have breast cysts and one of these could be the cause. If I were you I think I would see if I could get either an appointment or even just some type of imagery (Ultrasound or Mammogram) earlier than you state. Since 3 months have already passed I would want an answer soon.  Raising one's arms and inspecting the breast is a part of the routine self exam that is recommended monthly.  Please proceed with some form of further investigation as soon as possible.      Regards .....
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank