Breast Cancer Community
Which is worse, solid mass or liquid filled?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Found out today that the lump in my breast is a solid mass, is that worse than just a liquid filled cyst?
Hi there,I don't think that a solid mass is necessarily worse.A liquid filled cyst can be aspirated by needle but a solid mass has to be checked first by ultrasound to find out if it needs to be biopsied.Only a biopsy will determine what this mass is and 80% are found to be benign.So don't worry too much,just follow what your trusted doctor will ask you to do next. I sure hope that everything will be just fine for you.Best wishes.
Thank you for the reassurance.  I'm waiting for TriCare to process the request for a referral to a surgeon for the biopsy.  This is the hard part...waiting.