Breast Cancer Community
White Pimple Like Bump In Middle Of Nipple?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

I am 30 years old. I have not been on birth control for 2 years. I have not had children yet (I am not pregnant either). I have had a white pimple like dot in the middle of my nipple for about 3 months. It has not grown in size. This morning I went in for my shower and I noticed my nipples were dry (along with the rest of my body) even though I use lotion. I went to rub the areas where the pimple like dot was on my nipple and the white pimple just came out in one piece. It was small but kinda hard yet soft if that makes sense. When I went to inspect it further I did not squeeze it or anything my nail was pressing in the area and more white substance came out but it very very little after that I left it alone but It left a little tiny crater like thing in the middle of my nipple. What Could This Be? Should I Be Concerned About Breast Cancer? I go to the OBGYN on April 4. Please Help
The skin of the breast is like the skin on any part of the body and subject to many abnormalities.The areola and the nipple area have sebaceous glands which can get clogged and form a pimple like lump.You may apply warm compresses,use antibacterial soap and put a little Polysporin ointment and it should go away in a few days.
This pimple like lump is not a sign of breast cancer.However, if the area becomes red,inflamed and painful,you should have your doctor take a look at it, in case it's an infection that needs to be treated with a course of antibiotics.
For dried breast skin,try to use a very mild soap or just wash your nipples with plain water and apply a little Lanolin cream.(with no alcohol).
I really think that you have nothing to worry about, and I sure hope that your OBGYN will also agree.
Best wishes...
Oh Thank You So Much For Your Help. I Really Do Appreciate This Information. I Will Keep This Post Up To Date On Any Changes.  Thank You Again.