Breast Cancer Community
White bump on nipple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

White bump on nipple

9087653?1367837244
Hi, I'm a 25 y/o female and about 2 months ago I noticed a white bump right on the nipple. It's different from those normal white little bumps we have around the nipple, it's not painful, nor smelly and it's not discharging. It's just unaesthetic. I am not pregnant and have never been. I tried to squeeze it one day but it's too painful to do so and this week I'll check with my obgyn but meanwhile I'd like to see if anyone has seen this before. This is a picture of "the thing". Thanks!
First of all, the chances that this is breast cancer is very doubtful..Sometimes a little cyst or pimple can form on the areola or nipple.  
The nipples contains glands like the skin of the face. If the pores get clogged and secretions accumulate, this can become infected and manifest as pimple.You should not touch or try to squeeze the pimple, just keep the area clean,apply warm compresses and see if it goes away in a few days.If it does not,then you should see your doctor or a dermatologist who can prescribe a medication to prevent future development.
Best wishes....
Best wishes....
So apparently one of the milk ducts got plugged from an infection (I don't remember anything out of the ordinary just that one day I noticed the bump). The only thing to do is get to the dermatologist and get it cauterized, it will plug the orifice forever but that's ok for breastfeeding.