White spots on nipple and areola + Hypoechoic lesions
About 2 months ago I had an ultrasound to my right breast and they found a hypoechoic lesion that they will follow up on in a month from now, and maybe they will do a biopsy and hopefully will come back negative...
Now a few weeks ago I noticed white spots on my nipple on my left breast that is on the side of my nipple and goes down to the areola area. They are a little larger then a needle head in size. I did not sqeeze them to see if anything comes out... I have about 11 of them. They are just under the skin, and they are not bumby, but they look like there is some kind of stuff in them... Should I be concerned? I am thinking about calling my OB/GYN so she can take a look at it, I never seen anything like this before...
Thanks for your help!
Hi there.

These white spots in the nipple and areola may be similar to what is happening to other glands in the body (especially in the face area) which is the formation of comedones or clogs in the ducts or exit points of these glands.

The nipple and areola complex have plenty of these glands and it is not surprising if eventually they too would get clogged or obstructed.  This is best left alone, and I believe that this is not connected, or is a separate entity from your hypoechoic lesion detected earlier.

Regards.