Why am I profusely sweating after breast cancer lumpectomy?
I am 59 & read how other women are having a problem with profuse sweating.  I recently had a lumpectomy & then my doctor went in & removed 20 cancerous lymph nodes that were very hard & big.  Two weeks after surgery I started to have these terrible sweats.  My hair is also short & it literally drips like I got out of the shower & didn't dry it.  I try to do my house work early before I shower but it never fails that I start to sweat afterwards anyway.  I can't even get my makeup on if I'm going somewhere because of it.  I will be starting a regimen of chemo & then radiation & then I'll go on harmones last.  I will be getting a port installed because I have bad veins that probably won't hold up.  Sometime during this week I have to get a PET scan, Bone scan, & a heart scan but I can't remember the name of it.  I told my oncologist who is affiliated with MD Anderson about it but he didn't recommend anything yet.  Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

This discussion is related to excessive sweating.
The heart test they will do is called a MUGA. The port installation isn't that big a deal but I found it somewhat gross and it took me a while to get used to it.

When you find out why we're sweating so much please let me know!

Best wishes with your treatment.