Why need a mammogram after CT scan showed breast density
I had a Ct scan to check nodules in my lung and then they saw density in my breast and now want me to have a mammogram? Isn't a CT scan better than a mammogram?
Any breast density,even with benign features incidentally found at CT scan, requires additional mammography imagery which not only would produce a different kind of diagnostic image of your breast(s) but will also be used for comparison on future mammograms, to check stability or changes in the density..If the density is still not clear to the radiologist,a spot compression mammogram is usually ordered which will focus on that particular density to visualize the area clearly.If there is any suspicion about the density,further investigation may be needed.
Keep in mind that the density finding itself, is not a risk factor for breast cancer and it doesn't mean cancer...Many women have these changes due to Fibrocystic breast condition.
Hoping that all will turn up just fine for you.
Best wishes and good luck!