Will radiation increase nerve pain
I had sentinel lymph node biopsy done Dec 18 and I am still having some intense nerve pain under my arm and down into my breast, especially where the lumpectomy was done.  I am getting ready to start 32 radiation treatments.  Will the radiation intensify the nerve pain that I already have?  If so is there any medication that I can take to ease the pain.?  It really gets bad at times.

This discussion is related to breast cancer.
The pain can be originating from severed nerves during the surgery itself and radiation treatments can also cause this kind of pain, all of which cannot be avoided and are the usual risks for these procedures. However the pain can be addressed by certain interventions. One is to take over the counter or prescribed pain medications during the acute attacks ,also try to gently massage the breast and avoid too much stress on that arm..it helps to prevent pain.Another is through exercises that can loosen up the fibrous tissues in your breast.I had this kind of pain you are describing for quite a few months, but eventually this pain will lessen considerably with time.
Best wishes....