Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Wire localization was PAINFUL
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Wire localization was PAINFUL

Anyone else out there have a extremely painful wire localization?  My recommendation to anyone facing this procedure is to a.  get lots of sedatives before and, b.  tell them it takes more than the usual to numb you just to make sure it does not hurt like it hurt me!!!!!
Related Discussions
242527_tn?1292452740
Dear ktww:  Wire localization is by no means painless but your experience sounds worse than usual.  
3 Comments
Blank
I had this almost a year ago.  I had a core biopsy, then a wire loc, followed immediately by a lumpectomy.  It all turned out to be benign, thank God.  What I found to be extremely painful was the core biopsy, but, looking back, I know my fears really took over and I became very emotional during it, and now I'm deeply embarrassed.  

It hurt so bad, that they numbed me up extremely well for the wire loc., and it was completely fine!  I was also so scared from the first procedure, that I elected to have general anesthesia for the lumpectomy.  I have absolutely no regrets on that!!

I just want to say, I've been there too, and I tell every woman I know to make sure they are really really numb for these types of procedures!

I hope everything turned out ok.
Blank
A related discussion, Help for painful wire localization was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank