Breast Cancer Community
a black spot on breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

a black spot on breast

I have recently noticed a black spot on my left breast. it is relatively small and slightly protruding. I am extremely afraid of having breast cancer, is it a symptom of it? none of my family members, including extended family members have breast cancer, i do exercise 30 minutes a day, and try my best to include as much vegetable dishes as possible in my diet. when i do some home-based breast cancer check, sometimes i feel sth hard inside it and sometimes i dont feel it, i'm really confused. what should i do?
1 Comment
It is difficult to be able to say from the description given,what this black spot represents.It could be caused by a variety of factors like dermatitis, fungal infection to perhaps even something more serious (involving the breast or the skin).
I would advise you to consult your doctor to check both problems; the hardness you sometimes feel inside your breast( Could be a cyst) and  the black raised spot, so that  proper evaluation can be done, including a skin biopsy if the doctor feels it's needed.
I hope that you'll make an appointment with your doctor soon,just to be on the safe side.
Best wishes...