Breast Cancer Community
after removing breast lumps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

after removing breast lumps

I had gone through a surgery 17 days ago to remove 2 breast lump. The size is about 1.6 for both. The incision site
keeps leaking blood and liquid. I asked the Dr, who conducted the surgery. She said, it's going to heal by itself. But I still worried. Does any one has any insight, what is the reason of that? Is that normal?
1 Comment

A small amount of discharge including blood is seen in some cases after a lumpectomy.
Your surgeon would know best whether this is alarming or a cause of concern or not.

You should talk to him/her about it again in a couple of days and insist on an appointment if your symptoms persist.

Wear lose clothes and do not lift heavy objects and do not do any workouts without your doctors' approval.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.