Breast Cancer Community
air bag
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

air bag

I WAS IN AN ACCIDENT ANd the air bag smashed my chest very hard, and my Right boob is so bruised and
burns alot inside,will this burning go away soon and what caused it ?
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hi there.

Air bags use a very forceful surge of air, like a min-explosion to inflate the bag.  This mechanism, along with the kinetic energy of your body, will really cause trauma to any area that comes into contact with it.  However, the trauma sustained from the airbag is a lot less that if you were to hit a solid structure like the steering wheel.  I believe that this trauma to your breast have caused some form of hematoma (or blood collection) underneath the skin or within the breast tissue, and will eventually heal.

Healing will really take some time (max of about 4-6weeks), if this persists, then it is better to have this evaluated by your doctor.

Regards.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...