am i thinking too much into this
i found a lump a few months ago, my obgyn agreed and sent me for a mammogram and ultrasound.  both came back negative but i was told there was "an issue of concern" and had to go for another clinical exam.  they are now referring me to a specialist is breast surgery.  the question is i found this lump a while ago it does not hurt it has not changed in size or went away at all.  i also have since about the same time had some itchy excema-like patches on my left nipple.  and the other day i noticed that the left nipple was turning white.  it was not like this before.  is this something i am overexagerating with or do i have reason to be concerned.
I don't think you're over-thnking this ... I would certainly want to know what the lump is all about as well as the other concerns about the nipple area. I don't think the time lapse would make much difference in the eventual outcome and the lump could certainly be a benign breast tumor or even a cyst. By all means proceed witht he recommendations and I'm sure the Breast Specialist will be able to answer your concerns.   Regards .....
thanks it makes me feel good to know that i'm not going totally crazy or over-exaggerating.  after i posted the info the other day i went online and found a site that explained the itchy nipple.  It said that it could be pagents disease but im not stressing over it until i see my doctor but i didn't know that there was so many cancers of the breast i thought that it was just breast cancer.  well anyway thank you for your help it means alot to me.