Breast Cancer Expert Forum
an idea? tell me if its good.

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

an idea? tell me if its good.

hi everyone. my mom has breast cancer, she had the mastectomy, but it came back. she has to go through chemo now. she went wig shoping, she also said right when it starts to fall out shes just gonna buzz it, my hair is already short, but i thought, why not buzz it too, to make her feel better? i mean its just hair, it will grow back.

comment back on this, tell me if its a good idea.

thanks!!!!!!
Dear exhilaration:  If you are willing to part with your own hair, this is one way of showing support to someone who will lose their hair.  Many have done this in show of support.  It is particularly common among adolescent boys where, for example, the whole baseball team may shave their heads.
Hooray for YOU ...... it's a fantastic idea ..... I've seen it done in family situations and it seems to catch on and is looked at as "very cool" Best wishes for your mom ..... she has a great daughter !!!!
thanks. im sort of a tomboy so i guess im gonna have to really try hard as to dressing more girly.

thanks for support!!
WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA!  GOD BLESS YOU FOR THE SUPPORT FOR YOUR MOM! You certainly are a wonderful daughter!
When I was diagnosed the first time with bc in 1998, my husband offered to shave his head when my hair fell out.  I told him not to do it.  His willingness to do that for me was all I really needed to make me feel good.  Frankly, seeing my own bald head as a reminder of what I was going through was enough for me.  I didn't want to look at him and even have him be yet another reminder with his bald head.  But, that being said, your willingness to do this for your mother brings tears to my eyes.  What a thoughtful daughter you are and for me - and maybe your mother as well - just knowing you would do something like that would be more than enough for me.  The thing that helped me the most from my daughter, who was 27 at the time of my diagnosis, was her spending the time with me to go out to eat, shop and just take my mind out things. I'm sure you will be there for your mom as well just by reading your message.  God Bless you both.
oh my goodness! thankyou!!!