Breast Cancer Community
areola wrinkling and hard lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

areola wrinkling and hard lump

Hi! I am 20 years old. I noticed that the right side of my right areola is wrinkled. Also, this part is reddish. The same area has a hard lump, doesn't move and is painful. :( is this still normal since my menstruation has been delayed ? or should i seek a doctor immediately?  
It is not unusual, particularly in young women ,to get a lump under the nipple/areola which is mostly due to hormonal fluctuations.
However,any lump that appears in the breast should be investigated,even if your description sounds more like it's a benign condition,such as a cyst or an infective process which should be treated with antibiotics.
I wouldn't let this issue go on without investigation and I recommend that you schedule an appointment with your physician and get yourself evaluated clinically,because it's impossible to tell you,over the internet, what this lump truly represents.In the meantime you could take an over the counter pain killer until you see you doctor okay?
Take care
Thank you so much! I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow. I hope and pray that this is not cancerous though it is not as painful as yesterday.

Thank you again ! :)