Breast Cancer Community
areolas peeling skin and drying out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

areolas peeling skin and drying out

dear doctor i am a twenty two year old i have never had a kid and i have notice that for the past year my areolas have started to dry out and peel. I don't know what to do about this problem and was wondering if you or anyone else had any advice out there. thank you
Tags: areola
1 Comment
I suggest that you consult a Dermatologist about the skin problem you describe. The skin on the breast is the same as skin on any other part of the body and subject to the same problems. Perhaps even your own Physician could also offer an opinion if you'd rather not see a Specialist.     Take care ....