atypia in breast
I had a needle biopsy, then a sterotactic biopsy (with inserted clip), and a surgical biopsy where they could not find clip, but found other atypia.

How much should I worry that is is really cancer.
You are taking all the right steps -- did your breast surgeon recommend a watch and wait approach, or further excisional biopsy to explore the margins of the first biopsy? Also, what sort of atypia was found? Definitely consult with your breast surgeon about this. When I had the stereotactic core needle biopsy with clip placement (when flat epithelial atypia, ductal hyperplasia, and columnar cell changes were found) followed by an excisional biopsy where it appeared most of the atypia had been removed and no cancer was found, my surgeon recommended the watchful waiting approach.

The main thing is to be sure there is no associated cancer lurking near the atypical cells, which slightly increase your risk for future cancer but are themselves NOT cancerous. So, try not to worry right now but do get answers about "what next?"!

Please keep us posted on how you're doing.