atypical cells
My breast FNAB says mildly atypical cells, the chromatin pattern does not look malignant.
1-What does that mean,
2-What is my next step. My doctor says nothing to worry about.
3-Are there any cuases apart from cancer that makes atypical cells.

Appreciate very much if you answer my post
Hi there.

Atypical cells are really non-specific findings but they do herald something abnormal or "atypical".  These cells can be from the breast ducts (most commonly) or from the breast lobules and are generally non-malignant.  The finding of atypical cells would mean that you would need regular screening such as mammogram or ultrasound as these findings may increase a person's risk of developing an invasive cancer in the future.  It is also important that the other characteristics of the lump be taken into account. If the lump has gritty borders or is very hard, then an FNAB may not be enough to rule out a malignancy.  If the lump has benign characteristics such as well defined borders, then I would believe that the FNAB may be sufficient.

I suggest that you discuss with your doctors regarding regular screening mammograms or ultrasound.  Regards and God bless.