benign fibroid tumor in breast
hello,  in 2005 i had 2 benign fibroid tumors removed from my breast, now 3 years later i have a severe pain in that same breast and an almond shaped lump.  could this be another fibroid tumor or is it something more serious?  thank you for your help!
Hi.

It is entirely possible that this can be a recurrence of the fibroid tumor you described, but this is most likely to be of benign in nature.  Other causes would include fibroadenomas or engorged ducts that can also present with the same palpable lump.  I would suggest that you have this evaluated by your doctor and have a clinical breast examination.  From the doctors examination alone, he may be able to tell if there is indeed a cause of concern or not.  He may also request for further tests such as mammograms or ultrasounds if he deems it necessary.

Regards.