biopsy grade
My mom recently got her biopsy report back with the report showing estrogen-negative. The doctor who performed the biopsy is saying she is a grade 3. We  are in the process of setting up consultation with some breast cancer surgeons, but I want to know what does the estrogen negative mean and if the surgeon confirms grade three what should we expect for treatments?
The estrogen receptor status gives indications as to whether the tumor had receptors that made it sensitive to estrogen in the body to encourage it to grow.  If the receptors are positive then hormone therapy to decrease estrogen in the body is an option to treat the cancer.  If the receptors are negative this just indicates hormone therapy may not be effective so cancer is treated using other methods such as chemotherapy drugs that are available to treat estrogen negative breast cancer.
Patterns of cell growth are rated on a scale from 1 to 3 (also referred to as low, medium, and high instead of 1, 2 or 3). Calm, well-organized growth with few cells reproducing is considered grade 1. Disorganized, irregular growth patterns in which many cells are in the process of making new cells is called grade 3. The lower the grade, the more favorable the expected outcome. At the same time, the higher the grade, the more vulnerable the cancer is to treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation. Therefore, women with a "high" or "grade 3" breast cancer can also feel hopeful about treatment.Only the Oncologist,after studying all of your mom's pathologist reports will be able to plan the appropriate treatment for her.

Best of luck and good wishes to both you and your mom.